help with google search... advanced search, i guess

DaRuSsIaMaN

[H]ard|Gawd
How do I make a search engine, particularly google -- but it doesn't have to be; could be any other engine if needed -- how do I tell it to give me results that definitely include one of my search terms? For example, I want to investigate what a brown spot on the back side of my cpu which I got from my friend might mean, if anything. So I typed in "brown spot back of cpu" into the search. All I'm getting is a bunch of results about brown spots on peoples bodies and shit. None of the results even have the word "cpu" in them. Instead I see "computer" being bolded in some of the little blurbs underneath each result link. WTF?? I didn't even put "computer" into my terms. How did that happen?? And when I tried a few links and typed cpu into the the browser find, it wasn't even anywhere on the page!

How do I make it give me only those results that have the term "cpu" in them? So that it's relevant to cpu's obviously...

I went into advanced search options but I still don't see how to accomplish it.

Thanks!

Ah sweet. I knew it must be something simple like that. That's just standard convention in search, right? If you substitute the + for a minus, then it would filter out any results with that term in them, right?

Correct. If you include the "xxx" (ie. "Lord of Destruction") then google will only search for words in that position.

also you can use " " and anything within those MUST be present in order to find.

Back