• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help with flashing 3870 BIOS

  • Thread starter Deleted member 184142
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 184142

Guest
Ok, so I am about to be back home full time from my last job and I am looking to upgrade my card, so I thought, before I do that I want to see what I can get out of this one....Only one problem...I DL the ATI BIOS (the ones that fix the 862MHz wall) and try to flash, but I end up getting a "SubsystemID Mismatch". Now I did search Google and found a few ways to fix this....Sadly none of them work for me. When I look at my BIOS file it shows "0x1092 - Diamond" (I have a Diamond card) and the one I am trying to flash with has "0x1002 - ATI" So I changed this to match the 1092....Still doesn't work. GPU-Z though says device ID as 1002 though. I am at a loss here. Any ideas?
 
your using a reference design bios on a non reference design card most likely so the numbers/hardware are not matching which isnt allowing you to flash the card.. but thats just my educated guess..
 
This brings back memories. I had to track down a modified bios for my non reference card.

What's the make and model# of your card?
 
It's the DIAMOND Viper 3870PE4512SB.


2180ea72.jpg
 
WinFlash, it's the only one that will work in Vista x64 that I have used.
 
No, it doesn't work in x64, I get the "not compatible with the version of windows" error.

It's also not about the over clock, it's just about seeing what the card will do over all.
 
Back
Top