Help with Ep 9nda3j

KoSMoKeNNy

Limp Gawd
Im having problems with a newly purchased Epox mobo. Half of the time it freezes while booting. Ive been checking the error messages from the LED thing on the mobo with the list in the instruction book. The errors Ive been getting are as follows:
15h- Reserved. When it does this one, it doesnt even make it to the cpu doctor thing.
53h- Reserved. Freezes after posting the cpu doctor, but before I can get into bios.
75h- Detect and install all IDE devices. It was having problems with my hard drive and dvd drive. I switched the cable to the other IDE channel, (it was on 1, now on 0) and it hasnt done that one since. But why wouldnt it work with that slot?
76h- Reserved. Freezes before I can get into bios.

I am running a 90 nm 3500 on it. During the times when it does boot up, it is very stable and fast. I havent overclocked anything yet. Anyone have any ideas?

I just flashed the bios to the newest version and it still didnt fix the problem. Ive heard that these boards are very picky with the memory, could that be causing a problem as Im using generic crap from 2 years ago?

My 9NDA3+ I've had just a couple of weeks seems pretty particular about memory settings. I have found that setting the voltage to the voltage recommended manually instead of using auto seems to lend a bit more stability. Also, found that if running at 1T command rate, I needed to manually set the timings a bit slack (I run memory that supposed to run 2-3-2-6 at 1T but it auto detects at 2T) to get it to even boot Fedora. The slacker timing doesn't seem to affect memory bandwith too much, but the command rate does. And the slacker timing seems to be more stable in HL2 (few to no crashes). If you are at 2.5-3-3-7, try 3-3-3-10 (CAS-Trcd-Trp-Tras) and see if it helps. Good luck!

I had a similar problem with my 9NDA3+. It turned out I had to reseat theheat sink and all was fine after that. Also try your memory in slots 3 and 4

Just got a 9NDA3J it does the exact same thing - it's iffy if I can boot into windows - When I can it's fine but sometimes I have to try 6 or 7 times

sometimes i get a bios message that my drive positions have changed and to verify in the bios -

Others it gets past post then just reboots before making it to the XP boot up

I have tried safe mode to see if it is hanging on a particular device or file but nothing - even in safe mode it will spontanioulsy reboot.

I have a ticket open with Epox and they gave me a list of things to try most of which I have done except for setting my AGP aperture to 64MB - My memory is HYPERX and does 1t to but no go on this board spd settings pull it all at slowest settings -

My power supply is a Tagan 480 watt which is one of the best you can get and I am runnign things at stock everything and still - reboot - reboot- reboot- oh hey windows came up! -

Back