Help with drive problems

0ptional

Don't Trust Your Friends with Your Decanter
So I have two Raid0 arrays on my P5K-E Wifi/AP (P35/ICH9R), both report as healthy, are seen in the Intel Matrix Storage Console, and I can even verify the data on the raid array that is being problematic.

It's my 2x750GB array that I cannot access within windows, I haven't tried from another OS yet, but if this software can see it, why can't I access it in windows...

raidc.png

any other information you might need to help me with this?

It just started acting up today, and I can't think of any reason why as it's reporting healthy and been working just fine....

Well, I've been through the drive with Photorec partition recovery software and it got a big chunk of the data, but a lot of it came out totally ruined.

I'm at the point where I think it's just the partition map that is corrupted and I can't imagine how or why... so yeah... any ideas?

Try using GetDataBack. Great program. If that doesn't work, do a quick format (i.e. reset the partition table), then GetDataBack.

NOTE: Not an expert, and I haven't tried that second trick personally. It SHOULD work, but I'm making no guarantees.

Try using GetDataBack. Great program. If that doesn't work, do a quick format (i.e. reset the partition table), then GetDataBack.

NOTE: Not an expert, and I haven't tried that second trick personally. It SHOULD work, but I'm making no guarantees.

I bought GetDataBack after the demo correctly found all of my files, directory structure and all, so it's copying it all to my other set of drives now, awesome.

Thanks for this advice, great software. Testdisk/photorec did the same thing but didn't preserve the file names or folders, so I got stuck with a ton of randomly named files that I'd have had to go through, wasn't looking forward to that and was hoping there was a better option, thank goodness for GDB.

Thanks again!

Back