Help with Delayed Write Error

DarkCyber

[H]ard|Gawd
This morning when I got up I had this error on my pc:

Windows Delayed Write Failure:

Windows was unable to save all the data for the file D:\$Bitmap. The data has been lost. This maybe caused by a failure or your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save elsewhere.

Anyone got any clues as to what this is?

I left Norton Speed Disk running overnight. My OS is Win XP Pro.

Is this a local or mapped drive?

You cold run memtest, and the HDD manufacturer's utilities on it to make sure the hardware is ok.

Make sure Windows is fully updated.

Also, it it's a local disk, you can try disabling write caching on the disk. In device manager double-click on the drive and under the Policies tab clear the check mark for it.

S1nF1xx said:
Is this a local or mapped drive?

You cold run memtest, and the HDD manufacturer's utilities on it to make sure the hardware is ok.

Make sure Windows is fully updated.

Also, it it's a local disk, you can try disabling write caching on the disk. In device manager double-click on the drive and under the Policies tab clear the check mark for it.

This is an actual hd. It's the one I was running Speed Disk on. It's a 200 gig Western Digital. Windows has all the updates applied.

One other thing I just upgrade my FX 55 with an AMD A64 X2 4400+.

your hdd is failing. it cannot retreive the data it has just written . try running some dirve fitness tester .. thus it should be fails the recalls tests. theres your error.

DarkCyber said:
One other thing I just upgrade my FX 55 with an AMD A64 X2 4400+.

Wow Mr.Money bags. :eek:

Just throw away your current rig and build one that works. :p

S1nF1xx said:
Wow Mr.Money bags. :eek:

Just throw away your current rig and build one that works. :p

Well, actually what I meant posting upgrading the FX 55 to the 4400+, I wondered if the new dual core might have had something to do with this problem.

I ran disk testing software and it found nothing. So, I assume it was something with Norton.

Back