Help with decision on water cooling

paymepunk

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
308
I have never ventured into water colloing but after seeing this kit i am very tempted to.
Link to Kit

has anyone had any direct expereince with this kit, if not i'lll take it as a sign to try it out.
 
I've read reviews that pretty much say it cools as well as air (or worse). It also takes up about 2 or 3 drive bays because it requires space for the fans on it. It says 1, but your comp will probably overheat if you cramp it.

I would not reccomend it, unless you're doing it for a silent computer with 0 overclocking in mind.
 
you are very correct. I am looking for cheap. since i have never even dabbled in WC i figured this could be a good unit to put on my server machine (1.4ghz thunderbird). I am looking at this mainly just to see how to set it up and what problems to look for. I appreciate the input from everyone.

Funbun, thanks for the site, they have some very reasonable kits availble for under $200. I will keep this location in mind once i actually get a handle on how the systems work. I presently am very busy reading posts and articvles on OC'ing however, i am still very unsure of my ability to do so. I have tried tweeking a few things in the bios of one of my comps, however I managed to get a computer that wouldnt start b/c it says i was oc'ing it. so i was foorced to return to default settings. I know very little about the tweeking, but i am trying enthusiastically to learn annd experiment. Tha is why this would be an initial attempt that i theoreticallly couldnt screw up. Any other kits that you would rather reccomend for about $100?
 
Back
Top