• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

help with CSS rollover not working in IE

deuce868

Gawd
Joined
Feb 13, 2004
Messages
863
I am trying to set up a CSS rollover with a background image. Normally a small green square showes left of the text. On hover it changes to a white square.

This is the css I am using:
Code:
A.menu:LINK 
{
	color : #006600;
	font-size: 9pt;
	text-decoration: none;
	background-image: url(images/menu_background.gif);
	background-color: #CCCCCC;
	padding-left: 10px;
	
}


A.menu:HOVER 
{
	background-image: url(images/menu_background_over.gif);
}

Here are links of it working in firefox and what IE is doing to it:
IE
http://www.msufame.msu.edu/techie/ie_not_working.gif
Firefox
http://www.msufame.msu.edu/techie/working_firefox.gif

Any ideas how I can correct this or why it would fail like this? everything I read says background-image is supported. This is in IE 6.0.2900........yadada

Thanks
 
DigitalMP said:
can you show the page so we can test it in FF and IE?
Unfortuntately it's just on my laptop so I can't link it.

I did find a work around though.

I had to add a plain .menu section

Code:
.menu {
	color : #006600;
	font-size: 9pt;
	text-decoration: none;
	background-image: url(images/menu_background.gif);
	background-color: #CCCCCC;
	padding-left: 10px;
}

A.menu:LINK 
{
	color : #006600;
	font-size: 9pt;
	text-decoration: none;
	background-image: url(images/menu_background.gif);
	background-color: #CCCCCC;
	padding-left: 10px;
	
}


A.menu:HOVER 
{
	background-image: url(images/menu_background_over.gif);
	text-decoration: none;
}
 
try this

Code:
A.menu 
{
        display: block;	
        width: /*whatever the width is -10px*/
        color : #006600;
	font-size: 9pt;
	text-decoration: none;
	background-image: url(images/menu_background.gif);
	background-color: #CCCCCC;
	padding-left: 10px;
	
}


A.menu:HOVER 
{
        background-image: url(images/menu_background_over.gif);
}

IE can get grumpy if you don't define a width to anchors used as block elements
 
Back
Top