Help with CPUID HWMONITOR Vista 64bit

Asao56

n00b
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
56
When I run hwmonitor in the admin account it works fine, but when I run it in a standard account nothing displays under hardware monitors. Changing permissions on hwmonitor to full control and run as admin does not have any effect. My Abit uGuru works fine. Anyone know why I cannot get anything to display when using a standard account?
 
It requires administrative permissions and will usually ask to elevate with a UAC prompt when launched. I'm pretty sure that doing what it does isn't possible as a limited user.
 
When I run hwmonitor in the admin account it works fine, but when I run it in a standard account nothing displays under hardware monitors. Changing permissions on hwmonitor to full control and run as admin does not have any effect. My Abit uGuru works fine. Anyone know why I cannot get anything to display when using a standard account?

Did you use ACT to change to RunAsInvoker? I found this lead me to the same issue. Once I uninstalled the sdb, it works fine though I had to go back to the UAC prompts.
 
Did you use ACT to change to RunAsInvoker? I found this lead me to the same issue. Once I uninstalled the sdb, it works fine though I had to go back to the UAC prompts.

Yeah, that drove me crazy about the whole "run as invoker", when you don't it won't run as an admin. :mad:
 
I had UAC disabled in my admin account. Didn't know that if it was disabled then your profiles are stuck at their default privileges. Thanks, works now.
 
Back
Top