• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help with CPU choice.

tommyxv

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
283
I need to get PC for doing some web work. Dreamweaver, PhotoShop, FTP Client, and the other basics. I have no plans for gaming, so I hope I can get something that can run whisper quite....without the need for big loud fans and be able to multi-task without a hiccup.

Any suggestions? I only know of the core i7 for gaming.
 
Do you have a PC now? What is your budget?

I don't know how intense your photoshop editing is, but all benchmarks I've seen have been benefitted by quad core processors.

If you have a newer Socket 775 board, see if you can just upgrade to a Q9300 or higher processor.

If you have nothing and a small budget, building around a $100 AMD Athlon II X4 620 should do well.

If you have nothing and a medium budget, building around a $200 Core i5-750 processor should do well.
 
No PC now....I used to have a core i7 965 for when I was into gaming....that cpu ran adobe pretty well. Never seen the app load in under 3 secs. LOL Just wonding if I can get the same performance from a CPU not intended for gaming, $500-$600 on a CPU is my budget.
 
Back
Top