• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help with controller / fan selection

Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
537
Hi guys, I just want some opinions on my situation...

I bought a Zalman 6-fan Plus-B controller and they only have a 3 pin connector, my TriCools are a 4 pin molex...so I am wondering, do you guys recommend buying a 4 pins to 3 pin extension cord to control my 4 TriCools or should I just get new fans?

I bought (1) Thermaltake A2018 for my dual 8800GT's for side panel exhuast and I was wondering if you guys can recommend that fan to be added to my case or should I get something else?

Might be a nag but I do want a blue LED light to the fans...

Right now I am thinking of getting 3 or 4 more Thermaltake A2018 or the Thunderbird A1926 but I want to hear what you guys think on the fan selection...

Thanks
 
I don't know anything about tricools, but if i were you i would probably just get the adapters, then your set in the future if you buy another fan that only has a 4 pin. Also, just an FYI, all controllers i know of use only 3 pin plugs for fans
 
oh, also, if you do buy new fans i usually just go with panaflos. They seem like good fans to me & you can slow them down pretty well. They can be harder to find, but i've been happy with sidewindercomputers.com. Also i think newegg may have some panaflos under the name Rexus, i'm not sure on that one though. Another new fan company i've been happy with is sythe, they seem to work well & not be very loud. I've never liked thermaltake, mainly just a personal preference, so i would say don't look at the TT fan, but check out the ones i listed above.
Good luck
 
The tricools I've bought came with a 3pin to 4pin adapter. I have 2 installed using the regular 3pin connected to a sunbeam fanbus and ditched the 3-4pin adapter.

This is the 1 I use: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835209011

According to antec, But the Tricool and Tricool LED both come with a 3 to 4 pin adapter that can be removed and only use the 3 pin, Thats how mine are.

Also Jab-Tech.com has some Yate Loon 120mm blue LED fans for $5.39 (medium and high speed).
 
Back
Top