Help with case airflow + push/pull?

As I'm waiting for my NZXT Phantom 630 case to arrive, I was wondering what's the best solution for optimal airflow through the case.

The case have 1 X 200mm fan in front, 1 X 200mm fan on the side, 1 X 140mm fan at the back and I will have 1 X NZXT Kraken X60 water cooler with a 280mm radiator at the top.

What I am thinking initially is blowing cold air as intake in the front, from the side, and maybe from the back (cold air under the fans of the radiator, that's pushing the air through the radiator and exhaust from the fans on top of that.

Kind of like this, only the back case fan blowing in instead of out:

airflow.jpg

In this situation I will push the air from within the case through the radiator, and exhaust it at the top of the case.

The problem with pushing air from within the case and through the radiator may be hotter air to the radiator and higher temperatures for the cpu, but taking cold air from the outside through the radiator and into the case may get the inside hotter and hot air always rises.

Anyone had experience with this, and had a chance to test what's best?

unless you are on a 24/7 controlled room temp with very low temp 18-20C.. always the best for your overall system will be to have your fans on the radiator as exhaust.. specially for push/pull configuration, i guess if you planing to use the kraken X60 you will OC your chip so the best is to make that hot air out of the case, also you benefit of a better front to rear air flow on your case, also you having side panel fan as intake so that cold air will be pulled by the radiator so you have not to worry too much about the CPU temps, at most you will gain 1-3degress with the fans on the radiator as intake but you can increase from 5 to 10degrees the overall system temp, also keeping the 140mm rear as exhaust help to avoid the radiator receive hot air so you do not have to worry about that... with a airflow as your image you will be perfect.. I use exactly like that with my h100i no problems..

But if the rear fan is set as intake instead of exhaust, won't that help to pull cold air in under the radiator and pushed out through the top, and still keep a pretty good airflow?
Or will it still be better for the rear fan also to exhaust air aswell, like the radiator in push pull?

But if the rear fan is set as intake instead of exhaust, won't that help to pull cold air in under the radiator and pushed out through the top, and still keep a pretty good airflow?
Or will it still be better for the rear fan also to exhaust air aswell, like the radiator in push pull?

yes I understand your point, but if you put the rear as intake you will have turbulent air in the center of the case your only exhaust will be the top of the case 2x140mm Static pressure fans will not be allowed to exhaust the insane amount of positive pressure inside your case, remember side,front,rear as intake is too much and 2x200mm huge fans thats a lot of positive pressure that will cause that the hot air keep inside your case because the radiators fans are designed to static pressure not to high airflow.. if you set the rear as exhaust the air inside the case will just have a constant flow instead of crash in the center of the case this allow to the hot air produced by the GPU out fast of the case instead of crash with the 3 way air flow in the center.. the main thing its to find the perfect balance on the airflow between intake and exhaust to allow a nice airflow..

That does make sence, think I will go with the back fan as exhaust then. Thank you for your helpful support.

Back