Help with BSOD after new memory

mrwill

Limp Gawd
I just got 32 GB of THIS MEMORY a few weeks ago. Today, for the first time, I got a BSOD and the note said "Memory Manager", so assume it was caused by memory somehow. I checked the Dram voltage is at 1.50 volts. I ran Memtest through two full cycles (about 5 hours) with no errors. Any ideas what could cause this? BTW, I was just internet surfing at the time, so nothing heavy.

did you set the timing proper, and is it set to use XMP profile? Memory manager to my knowledge is in relation to the intergrated memory controller found on newer Intel chips and nearly all AMD chips, if the IMC(I believe is called QPI in intels case and cpu/nb in AMD case) is running out of spec, i.e to slow, to fast, not enough voltage, to tight of timings etc, then it will throw a BSOD. double check to make sure all timings are correct, run it in XMP and even bump the Dram voltage might help. Simply is running out of spec in either relation to speed or voltage would be my guesstimate :)

Not sure how to set the memory to run in XMP mode. The memory is XMP and in the bios there is a section that shows memory settings. Most of the speed settings are set to auto and one screen shows an overview of the memory and it shows the XMP as being enabled, but nowhere does the bios allow me to turn XMP on or off.

then it should be set the way it needs to. I would send an email to gskill and tell them your exact motherboard, cpu etc. They are usually the best in the business in regards to helping people set their products accordingly, and have top notch tech guys who work on very high end stuff, I am sure they will know what to set, and how to set it.

Back