Help with Botique Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon Chris. Wallace? Giovanni? Anybody want to share with us that Chris is officially being paid to help Maingear? True or false?

I just want to know if the rumors amongst the vendor community is true. If so, how much should I share with Chris about our HTPC plans, given we are considering (yes, Chris, still considering) using Omaura chassis for a future HTPC release? Is there a conflict of interest or not?

Dude, I know you are on this forum 24/7, so not answering is too obvious.

Why do you not just call me directly, Randy, you have my number? It has been a while since we talked in Vegas. Is there a particular reason you want to have this conversation on this forum?

I don't feel the need to discuss any of my financial dealings on a public forum, real or imagined.

Just do me a favor and call tomorrow, as I'm not on these forums 24/7 and plan to go bed presently.

Is there a particular reason you want to have this conversation on this forum?

I don't feel the need to discuss any of my financial dealings on a public forum, real or imagined.

I think this is a public dialog because you, as an industry affiliate and supplier, are endorsing one brand over another. You have the public trust on this forum as a former staffer, but if you are pimping brands, I think you need to disclose that you indeed work for the brand you are endorsing if it's the case. (Granted, that's only my opinion, but you did ask)

Thanks for your thoughts, they are noted.

Strategic Director, MAINGEAR

Executive Vice President, Fluid Digital

See how easy that was! Now I can officially congratulate you on the expanded gig. I hope you have nothing but success with Wallace and crew. They make nice systems.

On the Omaura front, we can still talk, but now I have a better understanding of what I may want to disclose. Problem solved.

Finally, and most importantly, when you are talking up MG, we all understand your position with no hard feelings anymore. It was pretty confusing to see a supplier pimping a competitor, when neutrality is what was expected.

I don't think that it comes as a huge surprise, does it? Most of us figured it out without a public admission. We're a fairly small (and new) sector of the industry, so some of this cross-company business is kind of inevitable--and with those of us who are in the public eye, like Chris and myself, it's hard to keep that kind of thing on the "down low". It's just as well that it's out now, but I don't think it matters much to anyone here.

Now, since it's been made kind of a public issue....

I think both Chris and Maingear are going to benefit greatly from associating with one another, and I can say honestly that it doesn't color my feelings about using Omaura as a supplier one way or the other. I've got one of their cases sitting my desk now.

People may think that Chris is a jerk (hehe), but I can say one thing for absolute certain--he keeps his interests seperate and confidential. I worked with him at Velocity (obviously) and I've worked with him on various projects since I left.

I'm comfortable dealing with him no matter who he's allied with; however, I can admit that Maingear gained a heck of a lot when they decided to tap Chris' vast knowledge of the HTPC market. I'm waiting with bated breath to see how they make use of it.

me too. When are we going to see these new htpcs? I'm in the market. Thought I would get a dt, but have been interested in what I'm seeing on cable card, etc. would make a good all in one.

Who else makes good HTPC?

If you're looking for a system with CableCard technology installed, they're few and far between right now. There are significant hoops a company has to jump through to gain the rights to implement those setups, so lots of smaller builders aren't on board yet.

If it's just a home theater with TV tuners and the like, almost everyone makes some version of that setup.

I think you all need your asses kicked. If I see anything close to what I will consider an "attack" fron an industry insider on another poster here, I will ban you for life. Consider this your warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back