Help with backup problems

sTYZ

n00b
Ok this is the problem and i need a solution:
I have a hardrive with a brand new install of xp and all my programs and settings and stuff. I want to back up the drive in a drive image. Now i want to be able to put that drive image on a dvd boot from the dvd, the dvd formats the hard drive and coppies the contents of the image to the drive and then i am back to square 1 again any ideas?

norton ghost, plus some boot cd iso that's been modified to run a user-created batch file.
check out norton ghost at www.symantec.com (the latest version may even offer some options that takes care of the other requirements noted above)

but with ghost does it boot a version of ghost off the cd or somthing? because it will be IDIOTS using this disc and i want it to be like hit enter to do it and thats all lol

i haven't personally made a recovery cd using ghost, but i do know that a lot of hp computers had recovery cd's that used norton ghost. they were setup so that the user basically booted with disc one in the drive, then was prompted (if needed) to change cd's. there were also some scripted prompts informing the user "selecting yes will delete all data on the drive, then reinstall software, click *here* to continue".

from what i've seen of the end result of the product, i think norton ghost is worth looking into.

Back