Help with ATI Radeon 9600 xt

WilliamD

n00b
Well I got my 9600 xt recently and I need some help with its config. I have no clue what OVERDRIVE is. It says:

OVERDRIVE maximizes the performance of your graphics accelerator by dynamically increasing the speed of your graphics processor to the optimal level. By constantly monitoring the temperature of the graphics processor the maximum clock speed is always maintained.

What does this mean, should I enable it? ITs disabled right now.

Oh and How do I overclock my Graphics card? I am a computer Noob ~_~

Anyone? Please help, I have no clue what OVERDRIVE is and its buging me :) The manual says nothing about it. How do I OC my Graphics card?!

Please... help. I know spamming won't make yous reply quicker but I need to know what OVERDRIVE is and how do I OC my Card.

Well Overdrive "safely" overclocks your card. But really, it does jack shit, keep it off. Wizzard has an overclocking tool right on this forum, download it and start it up. It's pretty basic program, but it gets the job done. Wizzard's tool can even find the max core/memory speeds for your card so you don't have to. Hope that helps...

-MoOfAsA~

Over drive will overclock your GPU when it's cool enough to do so. When it heats up it goes back down to stock.

Go to rage3d.com and download Rage3d Tweak to overclock

Is the wizzard tool good at finding the max core / memory?

Also, are the latest cats what I should download when i get my 9800 ?

Back