Help with assembled new build!!!

hossdaddy

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
2,854
hey guys I need some input here. I helped a friend select the parts for his build. Its his first time building so I helped him verbally. When he presses the power button the fans power up for a second then turn off. I have had him try 2 different sticks of ram and same result. I have had him double check all the connections.

Here is the build,

2 x G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W
Sony Optiarc DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" SATA
GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H ATX AMD
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 3.2GHz
XFX Radeon HD 5870 HD-587X-ZNFC
Antec 300 Illusion

Any thoughts?

TIA!
 
Re-insert the CPU
Actually have him take a picture or even video of all the PC showing that he actually did connect everything.

Finally, start having go through the "A Barebones bench test - Procedures to follow if your system does not POST:" part in the Basic Troubleshooting Guide:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1349426
 
update:

ok he took the whole pc apart and reassembled, and it posted. Then he adjust his video settings and its rocking now.

Thnx for your efforts Danny!
 
Good to hear that the PC is up and running!
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Back
Top