help with an older system components for possible HTPC

Vulcanworlds

Limp Gawd
ok well i wasnt going to put this in HTPC yet bc most of it is general components.

well i have a p4 1.8ghz willamette s478 in this old emachines/gateway that is not being used and i was thinking of using it as the base of a HTPC which would be mainly for playing movies from a harddrive onto my tv. now the tv doesnt have s-video all it has is composite (red, white, and yellow right?) and the co axial

now the motherboard that it's on right now has intergrated video, no AGP (and audio that doesnt work), and i have an avance sound card that i will use for the sound issue.

so im thinking that i'd need a new mobo with an AGP slot + an older graphics card that has the right connectors and such that i could use my TV as a monitor/to watch movies.

so then this mobo has to have the 400FSB then right? bc that's what the cpu has. i know the willamettes overclock horrible but hey i'd like to up it a little bc...i can...so some overclocking abilites would be wanted. mATX or ATX doesnt matter. will build the case out of whatever, havent really thought about it i can work around it though.

also would probably get a new psu bc the 160w that was running this before may not cut it again.

well i guess this is more of a motherboard/video card question.

but any ideas? i really need a motherboard/video card with composite video out. thats all

Back