Help with an HP Laptop.

creedAMD

2[H]4U
I have a HP zt1000 Pavilion Laptop, the other day, it was doing fine, I just wanted to format it and load windows from scratch to get some speed back. Well, I stuck in the winxp cd and it booted to it, I tried to delete the partition and it wouldn't let me, it said there were files needed for setup ? So I said ok delete the old windows directory and make a new c:\windows, well it did, then my battery died on me. I plugged in an now I try to boot to cd and it says it cannot find ntldr no emulation or someshit. It keeps on going to the old setup files on the hardrive that I tried to delete and it wouldn't let me.

Any thoughts on how to get this thing to boot to cd? Of course it's set to boot to cd. I don't have any other usb drives or anything to try. Maybe a boot to network? How do you do that?

I also tried this:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/ultimateboot.html

My main rig will boot fine to the ultimate boot, but the laptop will spin up when looking for the boot cd, then say "disk is not bootable" so it is reading the cdrom because that is different then the error that I get when trying to boot from the winxp cd.

What should I do? I am at a loss. It has to be something software since it was working just fine before the battery died.

if you have a floppy drive you might be abe to boot to a floppy and delete the partition.
otherwise, what CD disc are you trying to boot to? Pop in the XP disc and it should be able to boot to it fine.

GLSauron said:
if you have a floppy drive you might be abe to boot to a floppy and delete the partition.
otherwise, what CD disc are you trying to boot to? Pop in the XP disc and it should be able to boot to it fine.

I've tried 2 cd's, a retail winxp professional, and a ultimate boot cd. Both spin up when it looks for a boot cd as I have it set to do so as first boot device in the bios. The winxp comes back as "no emulation" Coulnt find ntldr, and the ultimate boot cd says "non bootable cd" So upon reading both it is reporting different types of failures.

I don't have a floppy for the laptop, and they don't sell them on hp parts anymore, do you think it would try to boot to a usb floppy?

Thanks for your help!

Back