• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

help with a new build please

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 29, 2000
Messages
11,057
Specs are
asus p8p67 b4
2600k
2 x2 gig of ram

What its doing no video. Everything fan wise comes on. No beep codes. No nothing. Double checked connections. And tried 2 separate video cards. Same thing

Tried clearing cmos. Still same. Any suggestions?
 
Update

I removed a pcie data card. It had nothing connected to it anyway

Now everything spins up for a few seconds, turns off and repeats
 
what slots are the memory in i had them in the blue slots. you have the 8pin to the MB plugged in?
 
make sure the video card is fully down the PCI slot, alot of times it doesnt fully click in or its loose in the corner.

btw, what power suppy and video card are you using?
 
I bought new RAM and it did the same thing.,


Basically the red light in the top right corner stays lit.. I hit the button until the light blinks and it cycles on and off. The manual says it is cycling0 through timings to find the right one that will allow it to boot correctly, I tried it with both old and new ram with the same results.

I put them in the two blue slots.

I have a topower 900 Watt PS and I used both a 6970 and a 4870 video card with also no change regardless of which card I use.


I also took everything out and started over and re wired everything but it made no difference. Just not sure what else to do at this point..
 
Well, I just went out and bought a new MB. My machine is up and rockin and rollin...

Not sure what happened to it..
 
Back
Top