• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help with a custom Seasonic cable

rastaban

Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2011
Messages
818
I'm trying to make some custom cables to clean up clutter in my case and I'm having trouble finding a reference for how to create a 6-pin Seasonic power connector to a single female 4-pin molex (for my Xonar STX).

PSU end:
CgohFCq.jpg


Single terminal to Xonar STX:
DSCF9200-ip.jpg


I'm currently using a 6-pin to 2x female 4-pin molex like this one below, but I've NEVER seen a 6-pin to single female 4-pin molex, which is what I'm looking for.
rSjKKil.jpg


I get the feeling that what I am looking for is electrically impossible....This is my first attempt at a custom cable (and planning to slowly sleeve everything) and I'm off to a bad start.
 
just copy the pinout from the original 6 pin to molex by tracing the wires and adjust for the female end. shouldn't be that hard to do...
 
just copy the pinout from the original 6 pin to molex by tracing the wires and adjust for the female end. shouldn't be that hard to do...

That was the original plan until I started looking for a reference and realized they don't even sell premade ones. So I'm a bit weary that there is some kind of electrical limitation for this configuration.
 
I don't think so. heres a yt vid that may help. skip to 9:45 and he explains the process and its basically the same as what youre doing.



edit: or do you mean you do not have the originals to copy?
 
Back
Top