help with 9600

phiber

Limp Gawd
im pulling hair outta my head here guys....
i have a 9600np
i installed like omega 2.7.37? i think drivers and was happy...then i saw this post...i installed the 3.10s booted...and after the windowsxp loading screen... my 2001fp just goes into sleep....then i rebooted... and got a hardware failure.... then i try safemode... and it just restarts.... anything i tried... led to restarts... so i just reinstalled fresh installed the nforce2 drivers from my CD and just did sp1... installed 3.10s and im getting the same problem....

im gonna kill ATi....
help me... or give me a link to 3.8s or something....

ok, if you click thru ati's site there is a link to the older drivers.
ati.com
click drivers&software
click your os, graphic driver, then radeon family, click "go"
scroll down to the bottom of the page - click "previous driver versions"
and voila - all the previous drivers for your visual pleasure.
since you installed the omega non-supported drivers I think you have a conflict between them & your catalyst drivers.
Best way to get rid of that is (bummer) format & reinstall the os.
another possible option is on this page:
http://ati.com/support/drivers/misc/catalystutils.html
ati has an uninstaller program on that page for their catalysts 0 might werk on the omega stuff. Heck see if the omega drivers have an uninstall program somewhere...
good luck
I dont envy the headache you have...

oh that windows installation is long gone.... i have twice in a row....reinstalled windows... updated windows installed nforce drivers installed sp1 and installed the cats....with the same problem :(
i already tried 3.9 and i have the same problem...

There are lots of people haveing the same exact problem using DVI and catalyst 3.9 or higher. We have done multiple OS reinstallations and tried different things, including installing drivers in different order etc. It seriously is a problem with catalyst 3.9 and 3.10. I am using 3.8 with no problems.

Back