• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help with 5.1 setup

TechBoy

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,529
I recently bought a Logitech Z506 because my last logitech speakers which were 6+ years old were getting pretty bad and so I attempted to set it up with my Razer Barracuda AC-1 sound card and for some reason every time I test it the speakers are mixed up literally. The front left would be the back right and the front right would be the center. I know I plugged in the right cable and it works completely fine with the onboard sound which is really odd. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: also if I cant fix this issue is there any sub $100 sound card that doesnt have a problem with 5.1 set ups that you can recommend?
 
is it one of those sound cards where where you can re-route the analog outputs to different channels? somehow I doubt it though... only onboards have that, this is weird indeed.

however for around 100$ you should look around online for a used auzentech, I picked up a Forté for 110$ last week, a terrific upgrade over my old creative x-fi. while looking I saw a prelude for 80$ too, that's a steal.
 
Also, if this headset/sound card has Virtual Speaker or 7.1 speaker choice in its control panel, it may be stuck on a rotation of a sort. If you use the software that came with the card, and choose the shifter tab or Dolby Virtual speaker, you can reset it to default. Here is what I am speaking of:

fanc68.jpg


Also, you can simply disable 7.1 virtual speaker shifter or Dolby Virtual speaker.
 
Have you tried the most obvious yet - simply switching the cable inputs into the sound card? It's possible that the outputs on the card were labeled incorrectly.
 
Back
Top