• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help with 1st build

randy5554

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
445
I have my L90D+ moniter hooked up with DVI to my eVGA 7800 GT. Everything worked great for the first couple of days, but now when I boot up, I get no picture at all. The light on the L90D+ is orange. My computer still works because I hear the Windows intro music and I can shut it down using the keyboard.

Is this a graphics card related problem? I don't think it's the monitor because when I unhook the DVI on it, I still get the no video input screen (I have tried unplugging and replugging in the monitor). I have an Antec 450 watt PSU that came with my SONATA II case. That's supposed to be enough for my 7800 GT and everything else, right? (two optical drives, floppy drive, 1 hard drive, and the fans. Everything hooks up). Is there anything I can check on the card itself to try and fix it, or is this an RMA in the making?
 
This happened to me with my monitor when the video card wasn't seated properly. Try removing and reinstalling your 7800 GT, that fixed it for me.
 
Back
Top