Help! Which cpu cooler?

dyslecix

n00b
Hi, I'm currently building a HTPC with an ANTEC ISK110, A6-6400k, and a gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI FM2 A88X Mini ITX motherboard. What CPU cooler will work for me? I want it to be cool and quiet. I may end up undervolting so that temps stay low. Could someone recommend me some good CPU Coolers. I don't know which ones fit etc... I saw the Scythe Kozuti, Big Shuriken, and a few others, but don't know which to get.

The Noctua NH-L9a is a good consideration as Noctua's known for making pretty good coolers and (relatively) quiet fans. (The A in its name means that it's designed for AMD-based systems.)

You can also buy the Prolimatech Samuel 17 and pair it with a low-profile Scythe Slipstream 120mm fan.

You also have the Gelid CC-Shero-01-A, the Zalman CNPS series coolers, and some 1.5U server coolers (that are less than 45mm tall) available, but I know nothing about the effectiveness of any of those coolers.

The Scythe Kozuti isn't as effective in cooling with just its stock 80mm fan (the NH-L9a uses a 92mm fan and the Samuel 17 can support up to a 120mm fan). Both versions of the Scythe Big Shuriken seem to be in short supply in the U.S.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
samuel 17 will fit in an ISK110? i doubt it. and the performance with a slim fan is pretty terrible anyway.

The Noctua gets my vote, I have the same case and it's perfect.

I suppose you could mount the rad externally but if you want a water cooler you'll be better off with a bigger case.

Do you guys think the Scythe Kozuti would fit on the Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI FM2 ITX. I believe with the Heatsink/fan the height would be around 51 mm. Not sure what the max heatsink height is for the 110.. if it's the same as the 100 .. Here's a guy that used the kozuti with the same case; http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=64799 -- im not sure.. is he using the fan or without a fan?

Just installed the Scythe Kotetsu on the Gigabyte F2A88XN-WIFI. Great cooler but it extends about 1/2 cm over the graphics slot.

I would recommend the Silverstone AR05. I've tried 4 coolers below 45mm so far, and the AR05 is the best performer that is available in the US. It's also 37mm in height, so it should fit fine in your case.

Back