• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help! what are all these partitions?

Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
928
I was looking to reformat my Y70 Touch laptop with a USB install media I created of win 8.1. When i booted to install media expecting 1 maybe 2 partions there are 7! It is a single sshd hybrid drive. Can I delete all these and just put one partition on there?

crap now I think I just read that i would need to use OEM install media instead. Has anyone done this before that could please help?

28thyiw.jpg


fayfc0.jpg
 
Looks like those are recovery and manufacturer driver storage drives. No idea why so many though. Most win 7+ boot drives have a separate hidden system partition. The rest are probably for "factory reset", to restore to original. As long as you have no intention of going back to the original OS, you can delete everything.
 
worked perfect. now this is as fast as my desktop. just deleted all partitions. clicked New, hit enter and it didn't even ask for windows key.


edit: it automatically activated too
 
Last edited:
Back
Top