help w/ geforce go 7400 w/ turbocache

so i got my m1210 the other day and i am trying to figure out if there is a way to set whether or how much ram the card utilizes?

Have you tried looking in the BIOS? There might be an option in there somewhere.

you can't adjust it. But there's no need to, really. It doesn't touch any system ram unless it is actually doing something to actively use it (like playing a game). Turbocache cards still have a decent sized (32-64M) framebuffer on the card just like any other video card, and it uses that for all "normal" tasks.

Turbocache isn't like integrated graphics...it doesn't "steal" memory from the system at all times.

Eva_Unit_0 said:
you can't adjust it. But there's no need to, really. It doesn't touch any system ram unless it is actually doing something to actively use it (like playing a game). Turbocache cards still have a decent sized (32-64M) framebuffer on the card just like any other video card, and it uses that for all "normal" tasks.

Turbocache isn't like integrated graphics...it doesn't "steal" memory from the system at all times.

thanks for the info, i just wanted to make sure it was set so it could grab the ram if it needed it.

http://www.dell.com/content/learnmo...eries=inspn&~id=gfxxpsm1210&~lt=popup&ref=CFG

Brand Name 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 TurboCache1

PCI-E/AGP PCI Express x16
DX Native Support Dx9
Shader Model 3.0
Discrete Memory Size 64MB
Total Memory Size 256MB (system and discrete)
Memory Type GDDR3
Memory Data Width x64
Display Interface LVDS, S-Video, VGA, component (through dongle)
TV-Out Yes
Dual Display Capable Yes

1 The total of local and shared system memory used by this graphics card is up to 256MB. Local on-board memory is 64MB. Up to 192MB of system memory is allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors.

TC memory is dynamic. The go 7400 has 64MB locally and will allocate up to another 192MB from main memory (if you have at least 512MB) as needed.

Back