Help w/ 2500+ xp-m and multi 11

Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
42
Alright i got this processor just a few weeks ago and was hoping to reach atleast 3200+(200x11) speeds w/ a stock 2500+ cooler but it just won't stabilize with prime95. 200x10 and 200x10.5 would prime all day at stock voltage . Next i upped the multi to 11 and tried all voltages up to 1.65v and i get a sumout error in prime after a few minutes. I don't think heats a problem b/c i get load temps of ~50c. I am currently running my system at 215x10 and its stable so far (an hour of priming). Can *burning in* everything at stock for awhile make my 200x11 dream come true (lol) :rolleyes: ? If this damn thing won't run w/ the 11 multi i'm gonna ralsijr;elij!LK!!! Or maybe it doesnt like the 11 and i should try 11.5 multi ... ERRRRr!!!!!! Okay. Any help will be much appreciated!

thanks in advance
-el henry
 
Yea, heh it's suppose to be unlocked why not try a high multiplier...
Also don't be shy with the vcore
and get a better cooling solution
 
I am currently waiting until SVC.com has a new shipment of SP-97's because it's cheaper there :D ( or cheaper than any other place i've visited). The neo backplate is getting shipped to me right now. I am anxious to see what this chip can do with that large hunk of copper sitting on it :) . I'll have to try the other multipliers i almost forgot they were there , haha. Bump for fun!

Thanks for the suggestions,
-[h]rnzntr
 
Originally posted by [h]ernzinator
Prime failed after 52mins. I cannot accept this. I am The Ultimate Stability Fiend!!!!!!

Sounds like you have some personal stability problems to deal with too :p
 
try 1.7-1.75v and see if it stabilizes some man.
also since your on air...myself i wouldnt go above 1.85v. If you were on water go a little more ape shit with 1.9-2.0v :p
 
heat temps could be a prob, but what stepping do you have? there might be shitty ones, I know someone else who had a 2500+-m got TERRIBLE ocs, about what youre getting. the 2400+-m seem to be the awesome ones, those and the 2500+ share steppings, but the 2400+-m is a more advanced one that loves lower voltages and is set 266 stock (but can hit 2.7 with good cooling)
 
All i remember is that this chip is 0348 and has the letters XP somewhere in the stepping code. I guess i just needed a little more voltage. I'll lower the fsb back to 200 and raise the multiplier as high as i can later. Once i get my SP-97 i'll start going a little more ape shit (lol visible-asn). Thanks for all the help guys! I like this forum :p .
 
i dont know if this will do anything but have u tried upping Vdimm?
 
@ 3.1vdimm i can reach 220fsb. i'm testing for stability @ 220x10 / 1.65vcore / 1.8vchipset / CPC off. So far so good :).
-henry
 
Back
Top