HELP - Video Card knackered?

gazza_new

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
162
Was playing Fahrenheit and suddenly my system rebooted. Now when i start up 3d or video apps, the screen flickers and looks corrupted. I was running stock clock!

Any ideas?

Card spec is in my sig!
 
Sounds like a heat issue or driver issue.
Never hurts to run Memtest either.
 
My card is running very cool at 48C! And memtest is fine too! The screen is completely corrupt on both 3d and video!
 
about 50 days. This is the first time i've really played a game longer than 2 hours tho! I started up my system this morning and its pretty cold here now, still the same issue.
 
then i would guess you got a bad card. this isn't something that a driver issue would cause. since the issue only happens in 3d and video, the two situations that put any sort of strain on the card, i would guess that the gpu is just a dud.

the other things i could have guessed was memory or power supply, but you said it checks out clean and the neo 480 should be fine.

i think you might have to RMA that beast :(
 
Gonna RMA it today. I may get a refund and get the 7800. One thing I love about my 6600GT is that the NV silencer was super quiet. How are the 7800 fans for noise?
 
Back
Top