HELP using .r00 files

xrAzVaNx

n00b
From BitComet, I downloaded a movie which is divided into two folders(for the 1st and the 2nd part of the movie), each contain like 50 .r00 (each 14mb)

but i am not a n00b, i know that is extractable with winrar, but the thing is, there is like 50 .r00 going from .r00 to .r48

What should I do? If i extract one then it extracts a file .BIN and .CUE

I extracted them with ISObuster and I got a the movie, but the thing is alll the .rxx files are the same, why is it only sufficient to extract one? and then why r all the others there too, if its the same thing???

and why is it such a poor quality???

Im really confused about this, please someone help me

xrAzVaNx said:
From BitComet, I downloaded a movie which is divided into two folders(for the 1st and the 2nd part of the movie), each contain like 50 .r00 (each 14mb)

Hate to break the news to ya, but it's unlikely your going to get help for a movie you pirated from the internet.

well he didnt specifically state that its a copyrighted movie
which is a good thing :p

Im going to assume he's bright enough not to
and that it is a public domain movie like say
How to Use a Dial Telephone :p

its a cascade decompression if Im not mistaken
so all the files are recompiled by extracting the one

regarding quality it is whatever the original encoding was done at

You need all the RAR files to extract the ISO. It doesn't matter which one you choose to extract, it will start at 00 and go until it extracts the final piece...

Ice Czar said:
its a cascade decompression if Im not mistaken
so all the files are recompiled by extracting the one

What do you mean by "the one"?
And how can you "recompile" an extracted file?
Like I said, every file is the same when extracted..

However, as I said I extracted one and it got me an .BIN and a .CUE file and I extracted the .BIN and got the movie, so its all good.. but I was wondering maybe if the poor quality of the movie had something to do w/ the fact that i extracted only one of the files..
im gonna try and check it out about "cascade decompression"...

Thanks for helping

As for you,
SJConsultant said:
Hate to break the news to ya, but it's unlikely your going to get help for a movie you pirated from the internet.
I don't know if you realize this but everybody downloads copyrighted stuff every day. Not saying that this is a good reason to do such a thing, but you gotta understand that people will still help each other even if it's about something illegal like this.
Probably more than 90% of the people in this forum downloads copyrighted music off file-sharing software, and that is illegal in U.S.
However, I don't want to start a debate on file-sharing now, but I just want to make you understand that there is more people out there than you can think of that still download copyrighted stuff. And they do not all think the same way as you do..

So I'd like to remind you that we are in a forum which is made so people can talk and help each other, and I certainly did not appreciate your cold attitude towards me.

xrAzVaNx said:
As for you,

I don't know if you realize this but everybody downloads copyrighted stuff every day. Not saying that this is a good reason to do such a thing, but you gotta understand that people will still help each other even if it's about something illegal like this.
Probably more than 90% of the people in this forum downloads copyrighted music off file-sharing software, and that is illegal in U.S.
However, I don't want to start a debate on file-sharing now, but I just want to make you understand that there is more people out there than you can think of that still download copyrighted stuff. And they do not all think the same way as you do..

So I'd like to remind you that we are in a forum which is made so people can talk and help each other, and I certainly did not appreciate your cold attitude towards me.

No need to jump all over me since a *MOD* (Ice Czar) has already pointed out you did not specifically state if you had downloaded copyrighted material or not.

I'm just going to reference this

"(15) Observe all COPYRIGHT LAWS, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. If the material belongs to someone else, credit the original author. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement)."

Just because everybody else does it, doesn't make it right and quite frankly your attitude and content of your posting adds to your self incrimination.

This thread is careening off into lock-dom, but before that happens...

With WinRAR all you need to do is right click the .r00 file and "Extract to xxx". But if you've extracted the BIN/CUE and you have the full length of the movie playing, it's already been successfully extracted. Crappy quality does not have to do with the file being only partially extracted; in your case, the original recording must have been crappy. Don't expect much quality from a downloaded movie, especially if it's illegal.

SJConsultant said:
adds to your self incrimination.

in other words SJConsultant was dropping you a big fat hint :p

the discussions we ocassionally have regarding the finer points of the law and ethics in relationship to P2P and copyrighted materials are strictly of the hypothetical variety
even so they are under constant observation and rarely die from "old age"

whenever such topics are raised in direct relation to a technical problem such as this
and that implied line of plausible deniability gets crossed, the lock slams down ;)

back on topic

its a split archive
but its connected, extracting one, extracts them all (a cascade)
the poor quality has to do with the original encoding quality not the compression and split archive

I cant beleive no one commented on the fine movie I linked :p

Ice Czar said:
I cant beleive no one commented on the fine movie I linked :p

downloading, i got curious.. hey, done...
:p

edit: wow, so old skool... lol, cant believe it... "Note: The dash is not dialed" :D

Back