• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help Using iMac as a Display for RCA / HDMI

Tchesco

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 28, 2008
Messages
332
I'm trying to see if there's a way that I can use my brand new 21.5'' iMac as a display for RCA / HDMI devices.

I'd like to plug my RCA Directv box and Playstation into this computer if possible, to take advantage of its great display.

I am aware of the XD, but unfortunately it does not work with the 21.5'' iMac (only the 27'').


Does anyone have any suggestions?


Thanks
 
There aren't any inexpensive options. Unfortunately Kanex as an example doesn't have anything for thunderbolt in.

So basically you'd have to buy a Cinema Capture device. The least expensive one I've seen is from Blackmagic Design, the Intensity Shuttle for Thunderbolt (there is a USB 3.0 version which I wouldn't use) or Intensity Extreme.

If this is serious business for you, or you intend to do twitch streaming (as an example), then the BlackMagic Intensity Extreme would actually be a very worthwhile investment. But, not cheap.
 
There aren't any inexpensive options. Unfortunately Kanex as an example doesn't have anything for thunderbolt in.

So basically you'd have to buy a Cinema Capture device. The least expensive one I've seen is from Blackmagic Design, the Intensity Shuttle for Thunderbolt (there is a USB 3.0 version which I wouldn't use) or Intensity Extreme.

If this is serious business for you, or you intend to do twitch streaming (as an example), then the BlackMagic Intensity Extreme would actually be a very worthwhile investment. But, not cheap.

Not cheap indeed. I'm not sure what twitch streaming is but this is definitely out of my price range. :(
 
Back
Top