Help Upgrading MB and CPU

STL3200AMD

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
68
I currently have an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 2.0 ghz in a ASUS A8N SLI Premium. I love the board, but my current processor is lagging bad and I cant seem to find a suitable replacement for that board (939).

So I guess I need some help picking out a new combo. Im set on AMD, and prefer ASUS for the board but would also go for a gigabyte board. I was looking at a AM2+ Asus board and a Phenom 8650 processor, but I have no clue. Someone please offer me some suggestions.

Thanks,
 
Why not just stick another 939 Chip in there..something faster..Like a X2 A64(dual core)

theres quite a few of them for sale in our For sale Forums.

seems that would be a cheaper upgrade....otherwise..you gotta buy new MB,CPU and RAM
 
^^^ well i guess thats what im asking. what other 939 chips are there that will be faster than mine. New Egg has none.
 
What hossdaddy noted is a good deal.

You can see what I have in my sig and at the time Newegg had a nice combo deal.

I would push to the upgrade with prices these days and the sales.

Sell the old stuff to supplement your new stuff.

My two cents.
 
Back
Top