Help: Upgraded from 9800GX2 to 4870 X2 - pci.sys BSOD after hibernation!

yenniedn

2[H]4U
Hello all,

I just got a HIS 4870 X2 after running Nvidia cards for the last 3 or 4 systems. Have to say, the 4870 X2 is awe-sum!!! There are enough threads praising it so this one is not intended to be another one of those.

Anyhow, I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers, installed the 4870 X2 and installed the ATI Catalyst 8.8 drivers. Now, everytime the system goes to sleep or hibernates, I get a BSOD with a PCI.SYS error whenever I try to get the system back on.

Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it? It's not the end of the world type problem but definitely an annoyance having to fully shut down and power back up each time to get the system to boot. System specs are in my signature.

Thanks in advance.

maybe it has to do something with the Nvidia chipset motherboard, and your ATI card. Even though it's technically not "crossfire", it may have something to do with it.

I dunno

maybe it has to do something with the Nvidia chipset motherboard, and your ATI card. Even though it's technically not "crossfire", it may have something to do with it.

I dunno

Yeah, that's one of the first things I thought. It's just bad nVidia karma coming back to haunt me.

Getting random reboots and sudden loss of sound now also.

Sounds like a good excuse to buy a new motherboard if you ask me!!!

Back