help tweak my memory ocz vx

Vulcanworlds

Limp Gawd
ok i have pc3200 2x512mb ocz gold VX ram.

running at 225mhz @ 3.2v with ghetto active cooling. timings are 2-2-2-8 1T but that's about all i know about. below you will see my a64tweaker and cpu-z shots if some people could help me get the best out of my ram it would be greatly appriceiated. i will make all hte adjustments in the bios but for help aspects i'll use the a64 tweaker.

also another funny thing is that cpu-z shows that they are in slots 1 and 2 but they are clearly in 1 and 3. how can i test to see if it's running in DC?

oh and i know this sounds really noobish but how would i go about 'installing' memtest86 or using it?

i really appricate your time in helping me tweak my ram.

you have a dfi, scroll to the bottom of the tweaking section of the bios, you can enable memtest, it'll just boot into memtest instead of your OS

also.. try this for finding the max of the ram. we can worry about the cpu later :p

set the FSB/HTT to 225mhz
raise Vcore to 1.45 or 1.5v (http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79509)

in the memory page:

memory ratio to 200mhz (1:1)
trc = 7
trfc = 14-18, try em all and see which gets you the highest without errors
trrd = 0-2, try all again
twr = 2
twtr = 1 or 2, try both
trtw = 2
tref.. is interesting, 3120 might be around where you want it though, which is where auto should put it anyway

for drive strength.. play with these too. one of the odd ones should be best (weak settings if you have 704-2BTA bios)

basically, start out with the above settings, for the ones i told you to try a bunch of, just pick one and go with it.. higher is better for now. bump up the htt 5mhz at a time or so, and check stability with memtest. if you can pass test #5, bump up another 5mhz. when you get errors, back down so that you're only getting ~20-50 errors in the first pass, and tweak the settings to get it as low as you can. if you get rid of em all, bump up mhz again and keep tweaking :D

once you find the optimal settings, back down until you can run test 5 more than 4-5 times with no errors. then drop 10mhz from there. in windows, use clockgen and superPI. bump up the mhz 1 at a time until you fail the superPI 32m test. back down until you can run superPI 32m all day, then call your max stanle 3-5mhz below that ;)

and damn, i need to get going on my ram oc'ing guide

Back