• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

help tuning a ssd

Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
571
Just got a ssd,was ready to pull the trigger on a crucial M4 that every one was suggesting,but this sandisk 120gb one came on sale for $120 and I jumped on that instead,I still would like to purchase the M4 but figured I would learn the ins and outs on a cheaper one since the price was right and I can always get the M4 some other time.

any way I was looking at the benchmark scores that are in the newegg video and they seemed very respectable for the price,but now that I have the drive in hand I can not for the life of me get the speeds that showed in the video or anywhere close for that matter.

If any one had any tips I am all ears and have lots of time to tweak and tune settings if needed.

here are some of my bench scores to compare to the scores that were attained in the video review done by newegg.

My benches:notice in the box in the top left it says,pciide-bad,not sure what that means,does any one know?

ssd.png


newegg review:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820171545
 
well,now I feel like an ass,I did not enable ahci mode properly,just tried it again and now things are much better,sorry to all that wasted their time reading this thread.

fixed.png
 
Back
Top