Help troubleshooting

MrDuck

n00b
System Spec:
  • Msi b450 tomahawk max (latest bios)
  • Sapphire nitro + vega 64(latest driver)
  • Windows 10 1909
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • addlink 500gb m.2 drive (windows installation drive)
  • Crucial Ballistix ddr4 3200mhz 16gb
  • power supply Evga 750Gq 80+ gold
Past few weeks i was getting constant blue screen of deaths like every time i run some programs, which led me to reinstall windows after which the problem was still existed. Then i rebuilded the system with bare minimum hardware required to start the computer, Blue screen is rare for now however whenever i run any game it crashes to desktop without any error(Only game able to play without crash is portal which uses only like 50w of power). Benchmarks like furmark(openGl) is the only benchmark which didn't crash single time. others like Unigin heavens, valley and PassMark rarely completes benchmark without crashing.
Troubleshoots i have performed
  • MemTest x2 passed both time so memory seems to be fine
  • Cpu stress test passed (doesn't crash computer)
I cant decide if the problem caused by gpu or power supply not providing enough power to gpu or motherboard. There is no visible artifact indicating gpu failure. Memory, cpu, wifi card and gpu works so motherboard is the last suspect. Power supply works fine for cpu and rest except for gpu? Anyone knows if this gpu or power supply issue or can give any tips?

Last edited:
psu is new? up soc and ram voltage a bit, see if it helps stabilize it.

psu is new? up soc and ram voltage a bit, see if it helps stabilize it.
Yeah built the pc year ago all the parts bought new, it was running fine for year and all of sudden BSOD and crashes makes me belive psu or gpu failure. How much volts is little?

Yeah built the pc year ago all the parts bought new, it was running fine for year and all of sudden BSOD and crashes makes me belive psu or gpu failure. How much volts is little?
i run my soc ~1.05v, ram at 1.4v. its worth a try before tossing parts/money at it.

Back