Help troubleshooting.

Homey D. Clown

Limp Gawd
First off specs. of my computer are in signature, i'm not sure if I have a bad power supply or video card,when I first started having problems I could play CS Go no problems, but when I would try to play PUBG or GTA V I could load the game but as soon as I actually tried to play computer would crash, no BSOD or freeze would just restart whole system. Ran Prime 95 for over an hour no problems, Memtest No problems, Furmark ran for 10 minutes then computer restarted. 3d mark crashes. Hardware monitors show temps good. Forgot to mention I am running a Corsair AIO cooler. Normal use I have no issues. I've only had the video card since Nov.The power supply is probably the oldest component in my build, which I have had for a couple years now.

I have had this same problem before. There could be a few things that cause it:

Improperly powered GPU (not plugging in all the power cables, or not using the right cables) -- typically this happens when someone tries to use a 6-pin to 8pin adapter instead of a true 8pin connector, or plug it into the wrong rail on the PSU.
Improper power to the PSU (IE the PSU drawing more power than your circuit can handle) -- typically this happens when you have multiple things on the same circuit and it starts drawing more power than the circuit can allow (IE your monitors, System, TV, all on the same circuit). Typically you would figure this out because the breaker should be tripped forcing you to reset it.
Bad rail on the PSU -- Sometimes this happens when you are close to the PSU rating and it really isn't able to handle that power consistently or fully on the rail the GPU is connected to.

There could be others, but I have experienced all of the above with similar symptoms to what you are having.

I'm not using any power adapters and not tripping any breakers, I've checked all power connections on motherboard everything is seated correctly.

I'm not using any power adapters and not tripping any breakers, I've checked all power connections on motherboard everything is seated correctly.

I would test the rail capacity that you have your GPU connected to. BTW, you can usually check the rail from the MB. You can also get a multimeter or get a PSU tester. You could also post in the PSU subforum ask peopl in there (paging Paul_Johnson) about how to properly test your PSU.

So I figured out my issue! Bad motherboard bios! Flashed to an older version and everything works now! But not before I went out and bought a new power supply!

Back