- Joined
- Dec 18, 2006
- Messages
- 566
Hi,
I have a 4790k on an ASROCK motherboard, the Z87 Extreme 4.
The boot SSD, a Samsung 840 Pro seems to be running at a good speed on AS SSD benchmark; 492 read, 478 write.
However, the Starting Windows (win7) boot logo takes about 45 seconds before coming to the log in screen. I know its not very long, but I would like to know why it takes so long.
I can boot up on my main rig in about 7 seconds, better specs. An older alienware laptop, much worse specs, with an intel G2 also takes only about 15 seconds.
any help what to look for on this?
I don't have raid control on. I am sure its on AHCI mode. I through it may be the IBM HBA controller card, but this slow boot was an issue on a clean boot with nothing else attached or installed.
thanks.
I have a 4790k on an ASROCK motherboard, the Z87 Extreme 4.
The boot SSD, a Samsung 840 Pro seems to be running at a good speed on AS SSD benchmark; 492 read, 478 write.
However, the Starting Windows (win7) boot logo takes about 45 seconds before coming to the log in screen. I know its not very long, but I would like to know why it takes so long.
I can boot up on my main rig in about 7 seconds, better specs. An older alienware laptop, much worse specs, with an intel G2 also takes only about 15 seconds.
any help what to look for on this?
I don't have raid control on. I am sure its on AHCI mode. I through it may be the IBM HBA controller card, but this slow boot was an issue on a clean boot with nothing else attached or installed.
thanks.