Help transferring files?

ReconSniper

[H]ard|Gawd
I have 2 laptops. I want to copy the image from the one hard drive to the other one. What is the easiest way to do this? Id prefer not buying the transfer kit. I have an external HD that I can use to backup stuff too. Thanks

You want to take an image of one laptop and put it on another? Just use something like Acronis. Easy.

I basically want the one laptop to be exactly like the other one. I dont want to have to download all my games, programs, and Itunes again. I just want to copy it exactly to the other computer.

Unless the two computers are literally the same brand and model, I wouldn't suggest you clone/image them because there will be numerous issues since the computer will be using different drivers, looking for different specs, etc... For your specific purposes and what you are asking for in your original post, the "easist way" is to copy over your games and iTunes data, and reinstall your programs. If you use Steam for your games, this is probably the easiest thing in the world as you just install Steam, close the application, and copy the old folder over.

Unless the two computers are literally the same brand and model, I wouldn't suggest you clone/image them because there will be numerous issues since the computer will be using different drivers, looking for different specs, etc... For your specific purposes and what you are asking for in your original post, the "easist way" is to copy over your games and iTunes data, and reinstall your programs. If you use Steam for your games, this is probably the easiest thing in the world as you just install Steam, close the application, and copy the old folder over.

This. Afterwards, you can make separate images of each machine to avoid having to do an install of all the programs etc each time.

Ok that makes sense. I really hadn't thought about that at all. I appreciate it.

you could also share a driver between them for documents and pics or use something like dropbox.

Back