• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help to get into settings..

Davo818

n00b
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
53
I want to turn vertical sync(v-sync) off. It raises fps in games.. In the properties -> settings -> advanced tab I cant find it.. My video card is onboard so it's not like a geforce where I just turn it off.. Any programs or any other way to get into your video card set-up?
 
Davo818 said:
I want to turn vertical sync(v-sync) off. It raises fps in games.. In the properties -> settings -> advanced tab I cant find it.. My video card is onboard so it's not like a geforce where I just turn it off.. Any programs or any other way to get into your video card set-up?

I dont think it would be vertical sync that is limiting your framerates. Just a hunch it might have something to do with **onboard** video.

I don't ever recall seeing a place in display properties of any onboard video to modify vertical sync. (Especially Intel Extreme graphics) Not unless you have NVidia or ATI onboard video, and the detonator, forceware, or catylist drivers installed.
 
It depends... what kind of integrated video do you have?
 
Um...maybe try the bios. Most of us have no experience with onboard stuff.

We have graphics cards.
 
It doesnt really matter if its off or on with any onboard graphics chip.... sorry. There will be performance incrase because the chances of your chip being able to hit a steady 60 or higher FPS is very very very unlikely.
 
Skrying said:
It doesnt really matter if its off or on with any onboard graphics chip.... sorry. There will be performance incrase because the chances of your chip being able to hit a steady 60 or higher FPS is very very very unlikely.
Actually, that's incorrect. My old onboard card managed to get 50-60 fps..
 
Thats going to depend on the game. Check the individual game settings to disable vsync
 
Back
Top