Help! System Volume not working.

MixPix

Gawd
Joined
Aug 24, 2001
Messages
833
Has anyone ever had the problem of the Main Volume slider always defaulting to the bottom of the scale?

When I do slide the volume up it does make sound, but then it drops down to the bottom again.

I have tried almost everythign I can (system restore, repair, uninstalled drivers) As far as I know there are no viruses on the computer.

Anyone had this happen before? I have searched everywhere I could think of, its so weird.
 
do you have a program running that controls system volume. i believe kazaa and such control system vol. (could be wrong) but they could be resetting the volume on you.
 
format? that seems to be the universal fix so long as all hardware is working right
 
Yeah thats what im doing now.

Its just weird enough that im wondering if anyone else has had that happen.
 
Back
Top