HELP! Something is wrong with my Dell 3007WFP!

pugsley1218

Limp Gawd
Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with my monitor. I have NEVER had a problem before, and I turned it on this morning and the screen is super bright, and you can see lines, and many weird things on the screen, and also parts of my World of Warcraft UI (wtf). I know it isn't my graphics card either, because I unplugged it from the graphics card, and instead of displaying solid green, blue red, etc colors, they are all messed up and like I described above. It looks horrible. Ugh. =( =( Am I screwed? Am I going to have to return this?

The usual suggestion (start with a completely shut down PC):

-unplug all cables (power included) from the monitor, go make a sandwich, come back and plug them back in--see if that fixes it. If you unplug everything and it's obvious the monitor looks like crap (completely unplugged, black screen looks like crap) then it's done for--RMA time.
-if, after unplugging everything, the monitor looks "normal" then plug everything back in THEN turn your computer back on. Check to see if it's 'fixed'.
-if still not fixed, check it on another PC to see if it's the PC or the monitor. With that monitor I'm pretty sure you could also check it with a cable box/satellite receiver, assuming you have the proper cables.

If it's the monitor: RMA
If it's not the monitor: check the PC settings

First take a deep breath
then listen to me since this happened to me and i too , panicked.

I saw what looked like burn in, i saw lines, i saw all kinds of wierd shit.

It was my video card all along. I got an rma and bang , alll was well. The card was a 7900gtx. It sounds crazy but i woul uninstallmy video driver first and reinstall it. It was the very high res that caused the isuse for the card.

Listen to these guys ^^ 99% of the time when things like that happen the videocard is the suspect...and it's not always a hardware issue. Eliminate drivers, cable and then the video card itself before you go to the trouble of an rma on that monster..

Back