Help! Slow POST with 970

piratepress

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Feb 15, 2002
Messages
1,924
So I just got my MSI 970 today and it works great (Firestrike benchmark is double what my 670's was) but every time I restart my PC, the post takes like two minutes. It stays on the motherboard splash screen and then finally beeps and loads.

I've never had a video card do this before, but it is hanging up on something Any recommendations of what I can check/change in the BIOS?

Thanks!
 
UPDATE: I can't get into the BIOS to check anything. I have even tried a PS/2 keyboard instead of my USB. It won't recognize any inputs until Windows loads. Does this sound familiar to anyone? :(
 
swap to your old card or use iGPU to Update your BIOS.
 
Maybe reset your mobo all together,turn off the psu, pull the battery and press the power a couple times to drain the caps and test again
 
Araxie, yes I switched back to my old 670, flashed the BIOS, and that took care of it. Thanks again, I'm sure relieved to have it working properly now! :cool:
 
You're on the Z77 Ivy Bridge. Was probably the GOP video BIOS of your 970 not liking the immature support on your motherboards old BIOS.
 
nice glad to know you are fine now, i'll definitely add this to my personal troubleshooting guide with new recent cards..
 
Back
Top