help setting up small network

the block

[H]ard|Gawd
heres the situation:

I am in college and they use wireless networking here. I have the computer that is set up to connect to the college's internet via wireless card. I also have a desktop, and and xbox. Bringing all 3 of these devices together is a linksys 4 port router.

What I want to do is share the internet connection from my wireless nic to my wired nic on my laptop. I want to have a cat5 cable going from my laptop to the wan port in the router, and then I want the desktop and xbox to be able to pull IPs from the router, but to also get the internet.

Is there a way I can do this? If so, how? Dont understand the question, ask me to clarify and I will.. this would be great if you guys could get this going.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you woudln't connect your laptop to the WAN port, you would connect your internet connection to that port.

Lyquist

but how would I make the wireless nic share its internet connection with the wired nic?

If I'm reading that correctly, you would just plug your wired nic into the extra port of your router, then everything should be able to access the internet. Beyond that, you may need a wireless access point. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Lyquist

Back