Help setting up push/pull with H100i GTX

maclem8223

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm sure it's something stupid simple but before I start messing with stuff I figured I'd ask. I picked up 4 Corsair SP120's for a push/pull setup with my H100i GTX. I have two fans running to the splitter off the cooler and they work fine. It's the top two in pull that aren't coming on. I set them up with a Silverstone fan splitter going to the cpu opt. on my Maximus VII. Not sure if I need to set something up in bios or move the splitter to a chassis fan port on the board or what. Excuse my ignorance if this is really simple, this is my first push/pull setup. Pic attached just because I'm finally 100% happy with the aesthetics and performance:D
Very crappy cell phone pic sorry:(
f0254442-eae0-4108-953d-9911ae240bc3_zps4rnvs44t.jpg

Last edited:
On my H100i all four fans run off the pump plugins w/2 factory supplied splitters.

On my H100i all four fans run off the pump plugins w/2 factory supplied splitters.

Hmmm...I'm pretty sure mine only came with one splitter. The other cable is for the Link and runs to a usb port on the mobo. I'll check again in the morning. Thanks

I think it's odd that the fans aren't turning on. Default on pretty much all fan headers is going to be 100% fan speed, not off. So if you're fans aren't spinning up at all, I would say there is something else going on. I would try removing the silver-stone splitter, and hooking each fan up to the motherboard header directly, one by one, just to test each one.

The H100I GTX does only come with one splitter, but corsair techs on the corsair forums have said there should be no issues running up to 4 corsair fans from the unit itself via the use of extra splitters. These are obviously going to need to be PWM splitters.

I think it's odd that the fans aren't turning on. Default on pretty much all fan headers is going to be 100% fan speed, not off. So if you're fans aren't spinning up at all, I would say there is something else going on. I would try removing the silver-stone splitter, and hooking each fan up to the motherboard header directly, one by one, just to test each one.

The H100I GTX does only come with one splitter, but corsair techs on the corsair forums have said there should be no issues running up to 4 corsair fans from the unit itself via the use of extra splitters. These are obviously going to need to be PWM splitters.

I had purchased two Silverstone PWM fan splitters on Amazon, which is what I'm trying to run the two pull fans off of on the cpu opt. I've since plugged both fans individually and neither will spin up. Not sure what's going on here, but when I did have it set up with the splitter (both push fans on cooler splitter and pull fans on silverstone splitter plugged into cpu opt)... in bios the cpu fan wouldn't show up anymore just the cpu opt but the actual fans plugged into the cpu opt aren't spinning???
EDIT: I just plugged both of the fans that have not been spinning up into the cpu cooler splitter and they still aren't spinning up. As soon as I plug in the other two they work fine. I'm about to chalk this up as bad fans...but two? What are the odds....seriously I've never had an issue with fans...
2ND EDIT: Just plugged both these fans individually to a chassis fan port on the mobo and they still don't spin up. Definitely bad fans:mad:

Last edited:
Are you sure they are capable of spinning? Something might be preventing them from being able to spin. The chances of having two fans not working are rather slim.

Are you sure they are capable of spinning? Something might be preventing them from being able to spin. The chances of having two fans not working are rather slim.

My thoughts exactly, I disconnected one of the chassis fans and plugged both fans individually to that port and nothing. Tried 3 others I had laying around and they spin up just fine (on the same port) Tried one more chassis fan port and the same thing (nothing). I took them back to Fry's and before I left the store with another box I had them test that they would spin up. They worked fine, and I just finished setting everything back up at home and the new ones are working fine. I'm with ya though, very slim chance but I believe it just happened...

Back