Help setting process priority..Win XP

BlastRadius

Limp Gawd
Hi all, I need a tiny bit of help here as I am in way over my head.

As you can see from my sig, my rig is on the low end of the scale and as such getting a decent performance on cpu intensive process's is a complete nightmare.

My current dillema involves Counter Strike Source. I had tended to get unreasonable fps (20-80) and I finally came to the conclusion that I was CPU limited as others with AMD 64's of around 3500+ and the same gpu were consistently over 80 fps. So now during every game of css I open the windows task manager and set the process priority to high for hl2.exe (css image name). With this I hit a stable 80 fps and never dip below 40, except in the notoriously buggy areas of maps.

I would like some way of making css always run on high priority, just because I am lazy really!! I remember playing Joint Operations Typhoon Rising which was also a notorious cpu hog, and I remember some guy creating a .bat file (I think??), which automatically set the priority at high.

Do I need a .bat file to achieve this, and how would I go about making one??

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum or a bit garbled, but like I said I really do not know enough about this. Thanks a lot for reading :)

O.S. is Windows XP SP2

No batch file is necessary.

Edit the shortcut to read "start /high <app.exe>" so if I were to edit notepad's shortcut it would read "start /high %SystemRoot%\system32\notepad.exe"

Back