Help sending mail from Verizon dsl using a diff domain

nomar

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a client that works from home and has Verizon dsl. He can recieve mail fine but his outgoing mail won't send. He called Verizon support and they told him to change his outgoing mail server to outgoing.verizon.net. That, however, doesn't work. It still won't send from his domain because it is looking for authentication.

I tried SMTP relaying and I think I set it up right (changed port to 80, used authentication and his domain user/pass) and it still didn't work.

I just called Verizon and waited on hold for 10 minutes before I hung up and decided to post.

Does anyone have any experience with Verizon DSL sending mail from another domain?

I just read this:
"Starting next week, Verizon has said, its e-mail servers will not deliver any mail originated by Verizon customers unless they have an e-mail address that ends in verizon.net, bellatlantic.net, or a ''domain name'' corresponding to a World Wide Web domain hosted by Verizon. [...] [T]he policy has alarmed a number of customers, primarily those who use non-Verizon companies to host their Web sites. Some say they feel they are being forced to choose to move their e-mail accounts from Verizon over to their Web hosting company or, because it is probably easier, move their Web hosting business over to Verizon to be able to keep sending e-mail from their existing domain name."

Back