Help selecting a mobo ?

RooK

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to go intel. Overclocking isn't that important but I want a board that will do it if I so choose. Its looking like the i7 2600k is the way to go on a proc if I can find it for ~250.

I have a GTX 470, and really will only need suggestions on the mobo and ram. I think 8GB of GSKILL Ripjaw should be fine, but on the mobo, it *must* have a onboard raid controller - gotta have that raid-0 option.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking if I can keep it under 500 i'll be happy... So if proc and ram will be around 350 together, i'm looking at a 150 dollar mobo. It *DOES NOT* need to be SLI.

Just a solid mobo. I like asus boards. Also, i've been out of the consumer side for so long, if there are things I need to watch out for (IIRC there was some SATA problem with a certain chipset) please let me know.

Thanks!

A P67 motherboard if you're looking to overclock (which is what you want to do if you're getting the 2600k). Do not get a H67 or H61 motherboard. I believe there are several P67 boards around the $150 range. All use the same southbridge (ICH10R, I believe) which has RAID capabilities.

Back