HELP!! Saitek Gamers Keyboard Problems

TicTac

Limp Gawd
So earlier today I restart my computer to enter the bios to start some overclocking. My motherboard is an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe so normally I press delete to enter it. However this time, nothing happens. I restart a few times to check I wasnt pressing the button the wrong time, but still had no luck. I also tried the other buttons you can press in startup i.e. f8 for boot options but nothing worked.

(I remember a few days ago I logged in and it said something about Saitek keyoard drivers being unistalled/installed (cant remember which) although I hadnnt done anything to make this happen, I just ignored this.)

So I got into windows and started trying to fiddle with the Saitek drivers to see if I could reinstall anything to get it to work. I tried to uninstall everything and reinstall but I only ended up installing the human interface drivers. I did something like add new hardware and got the rest of the drivers off from the disc in control panel so I had about 8 relation to the keyboard. However at this point the keyboard stopped responding. I couldnt type anything. Stupidly I restarted thinking it would help and am stuck on the logon page where the only accounts have passwords :(

What has caused all this with my keyboard and is there anything I can do now apart from get a new keyboard to get past the logon screen?

And also, in general are ps2 keyboards better?

Thanks for any help

ok, for some reason, by plugging it into my laptop, and then plugging it back into my desktop the keyboard works again, but I STILL cant access the bios by pressing 'delete' and on that note I can not do anything with the keyboard when botting up. :confused:

As I turn the computer on, the backlight flashes on and then goes off until I get to the log-on screen.

4 days ago I could access the bios fine with this keyboard so I do not know what has happened now. . .

Would a usb>ps2 converter help? What can I do to get it to work?

Thanks

I would probably say that the problem was caused by windows losing the keyboard drivers, the easiest way to fix this would be to get a ps/2 keyboard to log in and install them properly, or perhaps to remotely log in (if you have xp pro)

In my experience, although they have less features, ps/2 keyboards are more reliable, especially if you have more than one operating system, or use your bios frequently.

In respect to your new post, it sounds like there is probably a problem with your cable or connection, so i would sya try to clean out the end of the USB cable, and go along the cable trying to feel for possible breaks. A usb>ps/2 converter may sort it out, but i have never tried using one on a keyboard before.

Hope this helps

I don't believe you can use a PS/2 adapter with the Saitek keyboards. And drivers wouldn't have anything to do with not being able to access the BIOS.

From experience, I've had a few issues like this with that keyboard, but unplugging-pluging back in while the computer was on fixed it. Sounds like a keyboard problem/reason to buy a G15 to me, but try plugging-unplugging a few times. It might fix itself.

Back