Hey, I have been having a big problem trying to boot into windows xp installation cd. I set my 1st boot option, 2nd boot option and 3rd boot option to cd-rom to try and boot up my xp cd. Unfortunately, I never see the "Press any key to boot from cd" prompt show up. I can't figure out what could be wrong exactly and I even went into the bios a few times to make sure that the boot option stay on cd-rom... That really isn't a problem..
There is one thing I didn't mention yet: My IDE harddrive is set to "IDE Channel 4 Master" and my dvd-drive is set to "IDE Channel 4 Slave". Do I have to switch up the pins to make harddrive slave and dvd-drive master or is it fine the way it is? Outside of trying that possibly, I don't know what to do next. I even tried putting in my windows vista cd(I KNOW for sure that it, along with my windows xp cd, is both bootable since I have reformatted in the past with it).
- Is it possible that my dvd-drive is dead and doesn't read the cd? The dvd-drive opens up fine but it is about 4 years old.
- Is it possible that the hard-drive is dead? If it was dead though, would the prompt to boot from cd ever show up?
There is one thing I didn't mention yet: My IDE harddrive is set to "IDE Channel 4 Master" and my dvd-drive is set to "IDE Channel 4 Slave". Do I have to switch up the pins to make harddrive slave and dvd-drive master or is it fine the way it is? Outside of trying that possibly, I don't know what to do next. I even tried putting in my windows vista cd(I KNOW for sure that it, along with my windows xp cd, is both bootable since I have reformatted in the past with it).
- Is it possible that my dvd-drive is dead and doesn't read the cd? The dvd-drive opens up fine but it is about 4 years old.
- Is it possible that the hard-drive is dead? If it was dead though, would the prompt to boot from cd ever show up?