Help Replacing M-Audio Revo

thezfunk

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
389
Hey guys,



I have a M-Audio Revo and I am looking at new sound cards since I will be going to Vista 64bit ultimate and apparentlly from looking at the 'new' M-Audio forums they have been promising a driver for 64bit for awhile and have gone silent on the issue.



I am looking at new cards and since I have been out of the loop on these for a few years (because I love my Revo and there weren't big changes in the industry) so I need some help.



I want ASIO or Kernal Streaming to analog speakers and I also want some sort of digital out. Also, just general great music/DVD playback not too concerned about games.

I did some intensive searching. I Giggled quite a bit. Here are some options I found...Anyone have any information on these?

http://www.htomega.com/index.html - HT Omega Cards

http://www.bgears.com/b-enspirer.html - Bgears Card

http://www.razerzone.com/p-91-razer-barracuda-ac-1-gaming-audio-card.aspx - Razer Card

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/cards.php - Auzentech

From what I have read the HT Omega Cards and the cards from Auzentech are quite nice.
 
There are beta drivers for the Revo's.

http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.php?t=4234

I don't know how "beta" these actually are. They could be pretty stable. I never had crashes with my Revo 7.1 in XP32. I haven't had a chance to boot into Vista64 and try them yet. FWIW, I think the raw audio quality of a Revo (Via Envy) matches or bests an X-Fi. So if the drivers work out, there's not much of a reason to ditch it yet.
 
Back
Top